Proposition 100 would ratify the city’s updated General Plan, which identifies the city plan’s focus.
Arizona law requires the city to maintain a General Plan for land use and to submit it to voters for ratification. The update has been in the works since 2012, and was adopted by the City Council in an 8-1 vote on 4 March 2015.
The Plan identifies five core values for the planning process:
- Connect People and Places
- Strengthen Our Local Economy
- Celebrate Our Diverse Communities & Neighborhoods
- Build the Sustainable Desert City
- Create an Even More Vibrant Downtown
For specifics, see the city’s PlanPHX webpage.
The plan has received a lot of input, and I view this proposition vote as essentially pro forma. I plan to vote YES, and expect it to pass with little to no opposition.